This is Fenne. It was a pet giraffe for McRae family from . Fenne lived at their house almost since its birth, when one of McRae sons found the abandoned and dehydrated animal during the and took it home.
The giraffe was treated as a member of the family and roamed freely through the rooms of the McRae’s house, which made them take extra care sometimes, for the animal was pretty clumsy.
Unfortunately, the happy life lasted only for two years, until Fenne ate incautiously a poisonous leaf when grazing in the wild and died. The McRaes miss their pet and hope that someday they will find “another precious like Fenne.”