busted, facts uncovered, and treatment advised!
We hear them everyday; theyre the myths and facts and rumors floating around about acne and what causes it, what treats it and what to do about it. Being a teenager is difficult enough without worrying about acne breaking out all over your face.
Never mind the fact that when you turn 30 youre already worried about a decreased,
wrinkles and graying hair the last thing you want to have to think about it is acne.
Did you have any idea that 85% of teenagers and adults suffer from the of acne?
Additionally, there are several different types of acne. There are whiteheads and blackheads as well as red bumps.
Whether you are a teenager or an adult, the annoyance and self-consciousness that acne brings on are enough to deal with much less deciphering between all the myths and rumors surrounding the topic.
We have determined the top 10 acne myths and facts as well as the top 5 . You do not have to be confused by acne any longer!
Top 10 Acne Myths
1. Acne is not caused by dirt. Acne is caused by hormones; mainly androgen and their effect on the oil glands in the skin. More specifically acne is caused by a disorder in the pilosebaceous units. The pilosebaceous units are found all over your entire body with the exception of the feet, lips and hands.
The majority of the pilosebaceous units are found on the chest, neck and face. In regards to whiteheads and blackheads the best treatment for these is consistent cleansing every night. Whiteheads and blackheads are not caused by dirt either so the consistent cleansing is to keep the dead skin cells sloughed off the blackheads and whiteheads.
2. Acne is for everyone; not just teenagers. Since acne is caused by hormones and their effect on oil glands in the skin it can affect adults as well as teenagersbecause adults have hormones too.
3. Treat the whole face not just the spot where the acne is. The acne that is showing is just a symptom of the underlying problem which is within the skin and the oil glands.
4. French fries, chocolate and other certain foods do not cause acne.Acne is caused by hormones; mainly androgen and their effect on the oil glands in the skin therefore food could not have anything to do with causing acne or acne .
5. Make-up is not the cause of acne; however avoid heavy make-up when sweating or working out. While make-up does not directly cause acne it is a very good idea to avoid heavy make-up period when you are sweating or working out.
6. Tanning and sun exposure does not cure . The myth that oily skin causes acne therefore drying out your skin will make the acne go away is not accurate. Tanning oftentimes does make people feel better about themselves and their skin that may be one of the reasons people feel acne is treated through tanning and sun exposure.
7. Scrubbing and exfoliating your skin will not make the acne go away. Acne is not caused by dirt; therefore scrubbing your face raw to get rid of dirt will only irritate your already .
8. One of the acne myths is that stress can cause acne in a roundabout way.
9. While acne is not curable it is treatable.
10. There is no proof that toothpaste applied to acne will treat the acne and make it go away.
Now that you are no longer confused about the causes and myths surrounding acne, whiteheads and blackheads, lets clear up some of the preconceived notions about acne treatments.
We are going to tell you the top 5 acne treatments; so you no longer have to worry about trying out remedies you heard about on the Internet or through your roommates cousins mother. These are tried and true treatments for acne for both, teens and adults!
Top 5 Acne Treatments:
1.Benzoyl Peroxide is commonly used in treating mild cases of acne. Benzoyl Peroxide can be used by both teens and adults and can be found in small dosages in many over the counter such as Acanya gel and Epiduo Gel. Benzoyl Peroxide is more of a reactive treatment and not a proactive treatment.Benzoyl Peroxide treats acne that has appeared however does not work proactively to fight future breakouts.
2.Differin which comes in the form of a gel or a cream.
3.Accutane is a prescription acne medication that is used for very extreme cases of acne.
5.Retin A and Retin A micro.
However, the best routine to get into for and overall complexion is to eat right; plenty of and drink plenty of water. Using a water dispenser could help you keep on your healthy skin .
By getting plenty of exercise, you will also work out any toxins from your body as well as cleanse your pores.